Southeast CDC is looking for an energetic, creative, detail-oriented Project Associate to join the organization. The Project Associate will support the design and implementation of public space improvement projects. The position includes data analysis, proposal development and reporting, stakeholder meetings, outreach, project planning, project implementation, evaluation and administrative support. The Project Associate must be a strong project manager, well organized, resourceful, able to work independently and very comfortable engaging with the public.
- A strong background in project management
- Familiarity with one of the following:
- Familiarity with public space planning, design and management issues
- Familiarity with project management processes for public space in Baltimore City
- Ability to engage with the public to meet project outcomes
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong research and analysis abilities
- Experience building consensus between stakeholders of varying ages, genders, ethnicities and races
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word) and various social media platforms
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Spanish language skills are highly desirable
- The following skills are also desired:
- Graphic design proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- AutoCAD, Sketch-UP or other design and drafting programs
- GIS or other mapping software
- A driver’s license and access to an automobile is desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field and at least one year of related experience with basic project management processes and deliverables.
- A graduate degree in planning or related field is desirable.
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are necessary. The Project Associate must have the ability to maintain confidentiality, manage multiple priorities, develop a positive consensus for the community, and project a professional image to external contacts.
The Project Associate must be self-directed, anticipating opportunities and challenges before they arise and proactively tackling those issues with minimal supervision. The Project Associate must be energetic and possess the ability to work independently and comfortably among diverse communities. The Project Associate may have access to confidential and sensitive material and is expected to maintain confidentiality, resolve problems, make decisions and have the capability to know when to seek assistance.
The position will entail evening and weekend hours.
The Project Associate reports to the Director of Neighborhood Programs, works independently under general direction and is expected to exercise considerable initiative, discretion and judgment in executing the functions of the job.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 13, 2017 . Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please put “Project Associate Application” as your email subject.
We take internships very seriously at the Southeast CDC. Interns have provided valuable services to us and to many of our partner organizations over the years. Southeast Baltimore is a wonderful community to work in, and we strive to provide an educational and meaningful experience to all who volunteer here. We can often find you an internship at a partner organization if we are not able to offer one ourselves.
In general, we do not accept undergraduate interns. We have made exceptions in the past for specific tasks or projects. We usually have too much to do, so even if you don’t see a project listed we may be able to use your help. We like to work with people who love cities, and who understand cities and the diversity of people who live in them. We have fun, but we need self-motivated, self-directed “people persons” who can get the job done.
If you are interested in an internship at the Southeast Community Development Corporation, please contact Chris Ryer at email@example.com or 410.342.3234 x 33 to set up an appointment.